Pouring technique – the hottest trend in acrylic painting!
For this technique, acrylic colours can be mixed with a special pouring medium, stacked in different layers in a bin and afterwards be poured onto the painting ground. The colours flow – depending on the mixing ratio with the medium and the composition – more or less uncontrolled into another and form spectacular and bizarre results while drying.
- The product is ready to use, can be used pure or mixed with acrylic colours.
- The mixing with acrylic colours can be done at any ratio, but the medium has to predominate; the results depend on the mixing ratio and used acrylic colour series.
- Please don´t use the product below temperatures under 15 °C object- and room-temperatures.
- Extra added silicon oil may generate cracking of the surface.
- Please clean working tools with water after use.
- Close immediately after use.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Individual pre-tests are required.
- Leftovers should be disposed professionally.
Characteristics for sole use:
- fluid consistency
- good flowing properties
- dries to a clear-transparent, water-resistant surface.
- tack-free surface
- can be use as lacquer for acrylic works
- can be poured in layers (each layer has to dry thoroughly before further treatment)
- for nearly all grease-free surfaces (pre-tests recommended)
Characteristics for combined use with acrylic colours:
- mixable with all Schmincke acrylic colours (PRIMAcryl®, AKADEMIE® Acryl color, College® Acrylic, AERO COLOR®Professional (for colours from other brands we recommend pre-tests)
- mixing with colours creates a lacquer-like consistency and flow properties
- minimizes possible cracking when being poured in layers
- can be poured in several layers (always after drying) to create depth effects
- increases gloss (depending on amount, colour and range)
- surfaces / grounds should be slightly absorbent, clean, greaseless and stable (pretesting recommended)
Contains: Polyurethane and acrylate dispersion