Schmincke Horadam Christmas Metal Set - 12 Tubes + 12 empty half pans (Limited Edition)
This product is sold out
Schmincke HORADAM® Artist Watercolour Christmas Metal Set - 12 Tubes with 12 empty half pans (Limited Edition)
The new, optimized and enlarged 140 assortment:
- 139 brilliant, intense colours + Oxgall: 100 unchanged tones, 35 new tones, 4 optimized tones in highest quality as always
- 112 tones with highest possible lightfastness (4 and 5 stars)
- 95 one-pigment-tones for brilliant mixing results
- Enlarged colour ranges due to new pigment classes as well as 20 new pigments, e.g. quinacridone, perylene, transparent iron oxides
- Enlargement of the AQUA mediums assortment: 3 new mediums for more creative options
Well appreciated quality remains:
- Pans poured 4 times in liquid state for highest yield
- Especially selected Gum Arabic as binding medium
- Fully reusable paint when dried on a palette
- High control of paint flow, even on soft watercolour papers
- Quality assortment "Made in Germany"
- Same colour recipes for pans and tubes
- 139 colours in full and half pans as well as in 5 ml- and 15 ml-tubes
In the Jubilee Year 2017, Schmincke enlarges and optimizes - after some years of research by the Schmincke lab - the HORADAM® watercolours to the premium 140 assortment. The capabilities of newest pigments, the inclusion of customer wishes and market analysis, as well as changes in the raw material market gave us the impulse to perfect the assortment and to extend the colour range.
35 new colours, among these 32 one-pigment-tones, fill the harmonic colour spectrum of the HORADAM® premium assortment. The increased use of highly lightfast pigments, such as Quinacridone and Perylene, offers completely new possibilities for the artist. 10 new red colours, 3 new one-pigment violet colours, 4 new black tones and 8 new brown colours, partly transparent like e.g. Transparent Ochre or Transparent Umber, have been added to the premium assortment. The ultramarine range has been enlarged with the famous colour French Ultramarine.
100 well-tried and traditional colours as well as Oxgall – the wetting agent - already fit to the highest quality standards, so that there was no need for a change. 4 colours (with remaining shades) have been optimized using the newest and best raw materials. 6 colours are omitted due to raw materials which aren’t available anymore.
This set contains the following colors:
#216 Pure Yellow
#213 Chrome Yellow Deep
#359 Saturn Red
#344 Perylene Dark Red
#351 Ruby Red
#367 Purple Magenta
#494 Ultramarine Finest
#477 Pthalo Sapphire Blue
#479 Helioe Cerulean
#519 Pthalo Green
#514 Helio Green
#524 May Green